- The second edition of the Balkan Veterans Athletics Championships Indoor (BAVACi) is organized by Romanian Athletics Federation with participation of the Veteran Athletes Commission part of RAF.
- The Competition will be conducted in compliance with the IAAF, EMA and WMA Technical Rules and in agreement with the BAVA Statutes and the present guidelines issued by the Local Organizing Committee (LoC).
Locations and Timetable
- The competition will take place in Bucharest, in the period of 12 – 13 March 2016 at the three location described below:
• “Lia Manoliu” Athletics Hall part of National Sports Complex “Lia Manoliu” at Maior Coravu str. 36-38.
• “Iolanda Balaş Söter” Stadium at Primo Nebiolo Street no. 2 , sector 1 and
• Herăstrău Park, entry at Nordului str. 7-9.
- Detailed descriptions of the locations including maps and pictures are available on Competition website: www.bavaci2016.ro.
- The time schedule of the competition is available on Competition website.
- The Competition is a complex manifestation that includes two separate competitions as detailed in the followings.
A. Balkan Indoor Championship – composed of:
• Individual indoor events
• Individual stadium events (winter long throwing)
• Combined events (pentathlon)
B. Balkan Cross-Country Championship – with the following races:
• Women: 6km (35 – 49), 4km (50 – 64), 2km (65 – 90)
• Men: 8km (35 – 49), 6km (50 – 64), 4km (65 – 74), 2km (75 – 90)
Registration – Deadlines
- The deadline to send registrations to the LoC is 22-nd of February 2016.
- Applications sent after the deadline will not be accepted.
- No application will be registered unless correspondingly paid for before the deadline.
Registration – Procedure
- For a correct registration each athlete shall mandatory specify the following data:
• Name and Surname
• Birth date
- Applications without athlete’s birth date will not be accepted.
- Age group is determined for each athlete according to WMA Rules of Competition, rules 141.1 and 141.2. Throughout the Competition an athlete shall compete in the age group for which he qualifies on the first competition day and in no other age group except as allowed by specific team and relay rules.
- For each event athletes will specify their best result since 01.01.2015. This is an optional information but in the absence of this info athlete may get a disadvantageous lane or heat not corresponding to his/her athletic value.
- On athlete may register to maximum 4 (four) individual events of the Balkan Indoor Championship (A) and supplementary to Combined Events (Pentathlon). In order to avoid injuries it is recommended not to register to more than 2 (two) events in a day.
- Regardless to the events registered at Balkan Indoor Championship (A) any athlete may register to Balkan Cross-Country Championship (B).
- Regardless of all the above described events any athlete may compete in both relays. Relay team registration is due 2 hours before the start.
- Examples of correct registration.
• Registration to cross-country, 60m, high jump, pole vault and discus is correct.
• Registration to discus, hammer, javelin, shot put and cross country is correct.
• Registration to 3000m Walk, 3000m, 1500m, 800m is correct.
- Examples of incorrect registration.
• Registration to 60m, long jump, 60m Hurdles, shot put and discus is not correct (five individual events).
Registration – Abroad
- For good organization of the Competition and a permanent contact with LoC each national federation participating with athletes to the Competition will communicate to the LoC the name and contact details (email, phone) for its Team Manager no latest at 1-st of February 2016.
- Athletes’ applications and corresponding payments should be sent by their Team Manager to the LoC.
- Athletes from abroad may organize in groups and designate a Team Manager to represent them for registration and payments to the LoC.
- Payment details (Bank Account, SWIFT Code) will be communicated by the LoC to all Team Managers directly.
- The cumulative table will all corresponding registrations applications will be sent to the LoC by Team managers.
- These tables (with registrations applications) will be realizes by filling in the Form made available by LoC to Team Managers. Data upload and processing into the Competition management system is automatic and for this reason presenting registration applications in other formats (non-standard or free text) might conduct to miss-registration of athletes which is not the responsibility of LoC should such cases occur.
Registration – Romania
- Romanian athletes will send their registrations applications to the LoC directly via email at: email@example.com, or fax or postal letter at the address specified on Competition website in “Contact” page.
- Romanian athletes pay the registration fees directly at FRA / CAV bureau or by bank wire into the following account:
Bank name: BRD Bucureşti, Suc. Unirea, Sector 3
Bank Address: Bld Vintilă Vodă nr. 2, București
IBAN: RO27 BRDE 441S V981 7086 4410
Beneficiary: Federația Română de Atletism, Cod fiscal 4203423
Beneficiary address: București, Str Primo Nebiolo, nr 2, Romania
Payment details: taxa înscriere Balcaniada veterani 2016
- For Romanian athletes National Indoor Championships is include in Balkan Veterans Athletics Championships Indoor by realizing separate ranking lists that will include only Romanian athletes. Registration to Balkan Championship means automatic registration to National Championship and vice versa. LoC supports by its own budget all the expenses generated by medals ceremonies organized for the National Championship.
Registration – Fees
- Registration fees are detailed in the following table.
Description Value Remarks Entry fee (no event included)
Entry fee is paid by any athlete registrated to the Competition. This does not include the fee for any event. Indoor event
Any indoor event excluding Relays. Outdoor Throwing event
Any outdoor throwing event. Cross Country
Cross Country event. Pentathlon
Pentathlon (5 events). Anti Doping Fee
Paid by any athlete registrated to the competition. Amounts collected are used for anti doping control.
Registration – Corrections
- Local Organization Committee must be informed regarding all changes applied to the registered entries before the Technical Meeting on the 11th of March 2016. These changes refer to corrections of the personal data of athletes already registered. New registrations are not accepted. Changing the events for an athlete is not accepted either.
- No changes will be approved after the Technical Meeting as detailed above.
- The start lists will be published on the Competition website at least 3 (three) days before the Competition begins.
- The Technical Meeting to be attended by the Team Managers will be held on 11th March 2016 in the boardroom of the Romanian Athletics Federation located in 2, Primo Nebiolo Str, Sect 1 at 18:30. Information will be distributed in advance in case of any change.
- Confirmation of entries (validation). Team Managers or athletes must confirm the entry list and participation to the Competition latest at the Technical Meeting. The registration fee is not refundable not even in the case of canceling an event (long throwings) due to weather conditions.
- In order to organize a European and World level competition LoC implemented anti-doping control measures financed partially by the registration fees and by local funds. About 2 to 4 full anti-doping tests will be operated for athletes that achieve outstanding performances, records, big performance improvements etc. Selection for anti-doping control willbe operated in respect to these principles and will be operated by the LoC.
- Team Managers are held responsible for collecting health declarations and doping sampling consent from the athletes they approve for registration.
- Should an athlete refuses to take the anti-doping test he/she will be automatically disqualified from all events of the Competition and the incident will be communicated to National, Balkan, European and World Federations for appropriate sanctions.
- The person or entity that requires the testing of any competitor for doping is requested to pay, in advance, a fee of 350 Euro per case.
- The kits including bib numbers will be distributed by the LoC to the Team Managers according to their registrations lists. Each athlete is kindly asked to keep in touch with his/her Team Manager in order to get the kit from him/her.
- Each competitor will be given two start numbers which should be worn both on front and back of his/her shirt.
- Exception includes high jump and pole vault, in which competitors should only wear one start number, either on front or back.
- Additional start numbers with country marks will be given to athletes in relays just before the race. These bib numers are mandatory no matter if the country name is marked on athlete’s equipment.
- Start numbers should not be folded, deteriorated or changed. Contrary action may lead to disqualification.
- All athletes must compete in the sport uniforms and colors of their national teams.
- Warm-up areas are located right next to each Competition location. No warm-up will be allowed on the main track. Failure to respect this will conclude to athlete disqualification from the Competition.
- Basic changing rooms are provided nearby Competition locations.
- All participants should register in the Call room. Application time in the Call Room for all events is between 30 to 15 minutes before the start of the event.
- The referees will check athletes equipment and bib numbers.
- Competitors who don’t register on time to the Call Room will not be allowed to compete.
- Athletes allowed spikes are: spikes of 9 mm maximum for track events should be needle or pyramid type. For field events the heel spike length shall not exceed 9mm except at high jump, pole vault and javelin where it shall not exceed 12 mm.
- All competitors will be accompanied to the competition area by an official.
- Instructions to athletes at races will be given in English according to IAAF rules
- Athletes may start from either block-start or standing position at their own choice.
- The athletes who start incorrectly two times in one event shall be eliminated from the event.
- Block-start sensors and devices, electronic timing and photo-finish equipment will be operational during the competition.
- Relay events age groups will be formed by two usual age groups for men and women respectively, as follows: 35-44, 45-54, 55-64, 65-74 and 75+.
- Registrations for relays are accepted from Team Managers 3 (three) hours before the event, the latest.
- One country may register more teams in the same relay event age group. After the race only one single team will be valid for each country (best performance) and all others will automatically be declared OOC (Out of Competition).
- For all indoor events medal ceremonies will be held in “Lia Manoliu” Athletics Hall in a specially designated area approx. 30 minutes after the results are posted.
- For all outdoor events (long throwing) and cross country events medals ceremonies will be held also in “Lia Manoliu” Athletics Hall the next day after the race – Sunday 13.03.2016 – at athletes request. Should any athlete cannot participate on Sunday to the medals ceremony he/she is invite to contact LoC immediately after the event for instructions on getting the corresponding medal and/or diploma.
- The competition will be judged by Romanian judges.
- The Competition Director has the executive authority.
- All objections will be judged by a jury named by LoC.
- The objections must apply in no more than 30 minutes after the results are announced.
- For any objection a 100 € fee should be paid. If the objection is rejected, the money will be kept as a quotation fee.
- During the whole competition emergency medical assistance will be provided by the organizers. Emergency calls at 112 – the medical service- may also be used in case of need.
- By participating to the Competition athletes assume all the health risks involved by this. LoC or any other organizing part should not be held responsible for any injury or unfavorable evolution of the health status for any athlete or for the lost or personal belongings during the Competition.
- By participating to the Competition each athlete consents that he/she has no financial demand or pretention of any other kind for the use of the photo images or video footage realizes during the Competition, images or video that represents the image of the athlete under the string engagement of the LoC that these images will be used exclusively to realize promotional materials to promote masters athletics movement.